Titlte- Huntress Born
Author- Aimee Easterling
Genre- Paranormal NA
Purchase Link- Amazon
A missing brother. A family-focused werewolf. An impossible choice.
Ember’s large werewolf family has always been both her anchor and her support. But when a missing half-brother draws the twenty-something away from home for the very first time, bonds to her family are tested at every turn.
The milk-chocolate eyes of an off-limits human are the first threat to her pack commitment. Meanwhile, the local alpha is less interested in dark dangers facing human women and more intent upon eliminating his guest’s ability to leave his territory ever again.
Can Ember protect innocents and track down her elusive sibling in time, or will the not-so-charming alpha cut off all ties to her home pack?
From the USA Today bestselling author that readers are comparing to Patricia Briggs comes a new urban fantasy novel full of adventure, romance, and danger that will leave readers craving more.
Trigger Warning- Though this novel does not have actual sexual misconduct it does have a couple of scenes that can trigger the reader.
Ember is alone and on her own for the first time. She has always had the power and comfort of the pack behind her. She is on her own as she searches for her brother who she heard from in weeks. In a strange new town and at the mercy of the local pack Ember starts the journey of not only finding her missing brother but maybe even herself.
I have been on a werewolve kick lately so when I picked this read up I was looking forward to reading a kick ass urban fantasy but found a New Adult book (in my opinion) instead and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The author’s writing style and imagination lends to a whole new prospective into the world of wolves.
The author uses what we as readers all know and love about werewolves to not only add but create her own world of family and her own brand of wolf magic. Ember is innocent but at the same time sassy and smart. She gives this story the salty sweet taste it needs and I couldn’t picture the story with out her. She is loyal and fierce but also a mean lean baking machine!
I found the characters to be well placed and written though at times confusing but that may have been the authors intent. To confuse the reader so the plot twist at the end would be that much more surprising which is was! While reading the book you find yourself holding your breathe waiting and wanting to see what happens next. the author and storyline pull you in.
This plot though well thought out and written left me a bit upset only because honestly I thought it was a bit of an outrageous turn at the end to why the god awful would be crimes are happening. It was just a bit too far fetched for me personally.
Rating- I would recommend this book to any one who loves a good shifter story that has action, mystery and just a pinch of romance!
4 out of 5 cupcakes
Ember has a unique sense to be able to figure out exactly what baked good would be great for each person that crosses her path. This is what I think Ember would love- Because of her strength and unwillingness to give up. She also is very much like a brownie- crunchy and a little tough on the outside but warm and oozing goodness on the inside. The bourbon caramel sauce is a nod to myself sweet and nutty with a kick!
Espresso Brownies with a Bourbon Pecan Caramel Sauce
Ingredients you will need
1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter
Espresso Powder – 2 tablespoons ( I actually used Book lovers Coffee– Caramel Pecan to be exact.)
1/2 cup of brewed espresso (again I used Book lovers Coffee)
6-8 ounces of dark (or milk if you prefer) Chocolate chips
1 cup white sugar
2 LARGE eggs ( I find with small or medium eggs they just do not come out right)
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour cupcake 8 inch square pan an 8 inch square pan
- In a glass bowl, melt 1/2 cup butter by placing in microwave for 20-30 seconds). Stir in sugar, eggs, and 2 tablespoons of espresso powder. ..
- Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, baking powder and half a cup of brewed espresso. Fold chocolate chips into batter and spread evenly into greased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. be wary of overcooking as they quickly becomes hockey pucks instead of brownies!.Also make sure to keep oven closed. You will know they are done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Now comes my favorite part- the Bourbon pecan caramel sauce- it is super easy and is a hit every time I make it!
Ingredients you will need-
Your favorite brand of bourbon (4 Roses is my favorite) to taste I use about a 4 ounces.
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
1- cup of chopped pecans
Now I have tried this recipe many different ways and found this to be the easiest and fastest way.
- Pour condensed milk into a microwavable glass bowl. Place bowl into the microwave and heat for 1 minute intervals keeping a very close eye as it will bowl over if you do not. stir in between each time you put it back into the microwave. I normally do this about 5-6 times.
- Add your bourbon and whisk till smooth. Now if you like the taste of bourbon like me then you are done just add your pecans. However if you want to share this with kiddos you can proceed to cook in microwave for 2-3 more minute intervals and your liquor will cook out.
Homesteader by day and werewolf…ahem, *teller of werewolf tales*…by night, Aimee Easterling is a USA Today Bestselling author writing on the boundary between urban fantasy and paranormal romance.
She heats her house with hand-split firewood, writes on an ultra-geeky Linux box, and generally does her best to confuse all reasonable assumptions.
Studying biology and spending a year backpacking around the world have both informed Aimee’s writing, but she’s quite willing to let reality slide in favor of a good story. You can learn more and download a free starter library at http://www.aimeeeasterling.com.